Skip to content
Regulation Amending the Environmental Permit and License Regulation
- Subject: The Regulation Amending the Environmental Permit and License Regulation
- Date: 06/11/2020
- The Environmental Permit and License Regulation, published in the Official Gazette dated 10.09.2014 and numbered 29115 (the “Regulation“) has been revised by the Regulation Amending the Environmental Permit and License Regulation, published in the Official Gazette dated 06.11.2020 and numbered 31296.
- The purpose of the Regulation is to clarify the processes and procedures to be used in certificate, permit and license applications. The other purpose of the Regulation is to provide a more consistent, practical and clear implementation to address issues that previously caused delays in the implementation of projects and also caused financial losses for project investors and operators.
- With the Regulation Amending the Environmental Permit and License Regulation, the following provisional article has been added to the Regulation:
- “Transitional provision
- PROVISIONAL ARTICLE 3 – (1) The provisions of this Regulation shall be applied as of 30.06.2021 for Article 1.7 added to the list in Annex-2 and the Regulation establishing this article.”
- ARTICLE 2 – To the part with “1st Energy Industry” heading of Annex-2 of the same Regulation the following article has been added to be stated after Article 1.6.
- “1.7 Geothermal power generation facilities with an installed capacity of 5MWe or above.”
- ARTICLE 3 – This Regulation shall enter into force on the date of its publication.
- ARTICLE 4– (1) The provisions of this Regulation are enforced by the Minister of Environment and Urbanization.
- Article 1 in ANNEX-2 of the Regulation; limits enterprises which have a polluting impact on the environment under the “Energy Industry” heading. “Geothermal power generation facilities with an installed capacity of 5MWe or above” phrase has been added to this article with Article 1.7. As a result, as of 30.06.2021, geothermal energy production facilities with an installed power of 5MWe and above are also included in the scope of facilities that have a polluting impact on the environment.
- The Regulation amending the Regulation has been put into force as of its publication (06.11.2020).